Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Collision of Native and Colonial America (Either That Or A Toaster Oven)



You Might recognize this from a former version I am removing. I thought it needed work.

6 Comments:

Blogger 1138 said...

Very nice, but I knid of think that Op Art is kind of over rated don't you?
[smile]

8:13 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Overrated? Absolutely. If I had any real talent, I'd be a rococo artist. I do this kind of art because it is something I can do well enough.

You are going to laugh at me, but I had to look "op art" up to know what you were talking about. And yet it does seem to fit what I try to do 100%. Thanks for letting me know what style I am. :-)))

Cool, just had a baby raccoon scratching my window pane. They like to crawl up on the window sill and eat the bugs that gather on the glass. Moths must be awfully tasty, considering how much time they spend doing that versus how little food it would provide.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Samwick said...

Wow, this is really fantastic. Each time I look at it I seem something different, it's quite nice. How long has this site been here, Sheryl?! I only noticed it today, I am so inattentive. Anyway, thanks for posting these.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Hey Matt,

Thanks for dropping by and for saying nice things about my new blog. :-))))

I only started this one a week ago, so you are not inattentive at all. Most of it is old art, which is why Paul was encouraging me to do something new in the comments.

But I did rework this one you are commenting under about 3 days ago. I do need to get off my ass and start producing stuff rather than just trying to define myself by things I have done in the past.

Appreciate you dropping in and commenting. Thanks.

6:36 PM  
Blogger 1138 said...

"I do need to get off my ass and start producing stuff rather than just trying to define myself by things I have done in the past."

We all do, and in oh, so many ways.
3 weeks - no smokes (and I want to slide back to the old ways so much).

I'm going to start rebuilding the deck out back shortly and Mrs. Paul can't find the battery charger for the camera.
I think she's agreed to buying the Canon Digital SLR this winter - then my photography can finally get back on track.
I can't harbor the idea of not being able to control focus and aperture (hence depth of field). The old Sony Digital picks all the settings for you and makes photography in a creative sense very difficult.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Hey Paul,

When you are through, you can come fix my parent's decking too. ;-) Hahahaha.

New camera sounds fun. I still need to put a digital video camera on my Froogle wish list for when my long lost relatives leave me their millions.

And not the ones that that scam artist wrote about with the slush fund in Togo or whereever it was.

Or maybe when someone decides to purchase my wishbone art photos for $50,000. X-) Then I could get my toys and art tools.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home